Membership of our parent organisation, the Usability Professionals’ Association, is open to all individuals applying usability principles in their work. Everyone can apply and get the membership as long as you are working in any of the related professions.
The UPA mission is to advance the usability profession through education, information, skill building, the exchange of ideas and improved usability methods and processes. As a member, you agree to support and uphold the mission of the association. Membership brings the following benefits:
- Free entry to Scottish UPA evening events that provide learning forums and business meetings, as well as networking opportunities for members.
- Reduced rates for the annual UPA Conference, which delivers cutting-edge presentations, panels and tutorials for different experience levels.
- Subscription to User Experience, a magazine with thought-provoking articles on a variety of topics and UPA Voice, a quarterly e-newsletter with profiles of emerging usability leaders, field-tested tips and techniques, book reviews and job announcements.
- Entry in the International Membership Directory
- Online resources, including a usability consultants directory (see below), the UPA Store, and a wide variety of links to external sites and other conferences.
- Access to the International Membership Directory (password protected) and Consultant’s Directory to help you network with other professionals.
- Complimentary ‘Designing the User Experience’ poster.
- Reduced rates to selected conferences and meetings through UPA cooperative agreement.
All of these benefits you get once you become the member of our organization. Membership costs $100 / year (plus a one off processing fee of $25) for full members and $35 /year for students. In order to buy a student’s membership, you will have to prove your student’s identity, by showing the student’s ID.
Joining the UPA is completed through the US UPA site. Please, do follow the guidelines so you could finish the process of joining in the right way. If you have any problems or questions, please e-mail Marianne O’Loughlin (Membership Secretary, Scottish UPA).
About the Scottish UPA
The Scottish Chapter of the Usability Professionals’ Association brings together UK professionals based in Scotland from the design, technology and research communities who share a vision of creating compelling technology that meets users’ needs and abilities.
Through our meetings, discussions and outreach work, we aim to:
- Provide our members with opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Champion the benefits of user centred design techniques and approaches.
The ultimate goal is to ensure that the upcoming professionals have a chance to develop their skills and advance with their career. All the meetings and discussions strongly encourage all participants to be the part of it by engaging into the discussions.
About our parent organisation
For more information about the UPA’s international activities and conference, visit the UPA’s Web site http://www.upassoc.org.